It can be inspiring to think about building a house for yourself and your family. You can imagine the design being everything that you’ve dreamed of. You can see the colors, the shapes, and the sizes of all the rooms.
If you fancy trying out betting on a horse race but don’t know where to begin, you’ve come to the right place. I am going to introduce you the basics of horse race betting and equip you with the knowledge required to have a go.
As a professional gambler, I’ve always been interested in trying out different types of gambling, and horse race betting has been one of my more enjoyable gambling endeavors. Although it can be difficult to make any kind of decent cash from horse race betting unless you consistently bet on favorites, there are few pleasures as thrilling as when the outsider you’ve placed a bet on beats the odds and comes home a winner.
The very first time I placed a bet on a horse, I knew nothing about horse racing, picked solely by name and had a winner at 33/1. I came home with $670 dollars and thought I could repeat my victory anytime I wished.
I have since learned that outsiders only win once in a blue moon and now consider horse race gambling as a pleasurable but non-profitable pastime.
Nevertheless, if you’d like to have a go, familiarize yourself with the basics here.
- Odds: The bookmaker gives each horse “odds”, i.e. rates each horse’s chances of winning. The longer the odds, the less likely the horse is to win. A horse at 100/1 is a complete outsider, while a horse rated at 2/1 is one of the favorites. If your horse comes in a winner, you multiply your stake by the odds. Let’s say your horse was rated at 25/1 and you wage $10. If you’re horse wins, you’ll get 25 x 10 plus your initial $10. So, you see, the higher the odds the less likely your horse is to win but the more cash you make if it is victorious. Also, be aware that odds often change in the run up to a race.
- Studying the Form: When selecting a horse, it is important to study the horse’s track record, age, preference of soft or hard ground, jockey record, and recent race performance.
- To Win: You can place a bet for your horse to win as described above.
- Each Way: If you place an E/W bet, you come home with some cash if your horse comes in the top three but you will need to check the terms and conditions with your bookie. Obviously, you will win less if your horse comes in third place rather than in first.
- Filling Out a Race Card: When filling out your race card at the races, you need to write down the name of the track, the time of the race, the horse’s name, and the odds. You will need to fill in the same information online.
Dealing with Bookmakers
Each bookmaker has his own odds and terms and conditions. If you are betting on horse racing online, you can find lots of information on the horses, jockeys, form, and odds. To familiarize yourself with horse race gambling, check out horse racing odds and future races – all gathered on William Hill’s site.
Don’t worry if it all seems a little daunting, you’ll soon get used to all the terminology and will learn as you go along.
A big fear that people have around having a tooth extracted is the gap that is left behind after the tooth is removed. This can knock confidence and cause a high amount of stress for the individual who’s has had their tooth/ teeth extracted.
A solution for this is Same Day Teeth. This is a procedure that allows an implant to be put in place and then fitted with a crown all in one day; all thanks to technological advances in dentistry. Continue reading “How to get your tooth extracted and replaced all in the same day”
You may be reading this to see where you went wrong with your car as you’re waiting for the scrapping company to come and collect your broken vehicle. If not, you could be seeking ways to prevent accidental and expensive damage to your newly built or beloved vehicle. Of course, the measures you take depend greatly on where you’re located. If you’re in a place with hard winters you’ll need Hail covers and winter tires. If you’re from a hot place you’ll need a good cooling system. But if you’re looking for general tips, look no further, as here are three useful tips to follow to lower the risk of car damage. Continue reading “3 Car Tips to Prevent Costly Repairs or Scrappage”
If there’s a local garage in and around your neighbourhood specialising in tyre care then it is your duty as an upstanding member of your community to make sure you shop local. In fact, buying as local as possible is a practice which should characterise your whole experience as a consumer and you can take your pick from so many reasons for that. We’re going to be briefly discussing tyre care to drive the point home, with specific regards to just why you always go to a local garage for all your tyre related services. Continue reading “Tyre Care – Why should you go to a local garage?”
Having a job is a part of life. If you want to be able to pay your bills and have a roof over your head, it’s essential to make a living. However, for many, going into the office every day isn’t something that they want to do for the rest of their lives. Creating a business of your own which you’re able to do in the comfort of your own home is a luxury that a lot of people strive for. Continue reading “5 Jobs You Can Do From Home”
A lot of people can enjoy alcohol in small doses. They enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner or a casual beer with coworkers after a long day and go home calmly afterward. On the other hand, however, there are a lot of people who can’t seem to drink alcohol without suffering a considerable amount of consequences.
Ultimately, you are going to save money if you can figure out how to lower your mortgage rates and make your loan payments smaller. Now, this doesn’t come in the form of an extension to your loans and mortgages, but it rather comes from the natural process of interest rates going down assuming that you pay more quickly on your primary balance.